Data Systems Integration - Overview
The 211 National Data Platform (NDP) uses Resources and Contact Report data to create services that support 211s to build and share services such as online search directories, APIs and business intelligence. Data is not created or directly managed in NDP; 211s use a variety of systems such as iCarol, VisionLink, Refer, etc. to manage resource directories. Resources and Contact Report data is exported from these systems into the NDP. This page lists each external data management system that the NDP currently supports. System integrations that are either currently in development or preview, are marked accordingly.
- iCarol: iCarol users can export their data manually or schedule a regular export. For instructions on how to export data from iCarol and load into the NDP, click here.
- Visionlink: Visionlink users can export their data manually in Excel format, or automate the push of their data to the NDP using an API key. To learn more, click here.
- RTM: RTM users can request an export of their data in XML format (AIRS XSD), then manually upload their data to the platform. Work is currently underway to automate the data export process using an API developed by RTM. To learn more click here.
- WellSky: WellSky users can request an export of their data in XML format (AIRS XSD), then manually upload their data to the platform. Work is being planned to automate the data export process using an API developed by WellSky. Learn more here.
- 211 San Diego: 211 San Diego contributes its resource data to the National Data Platform through an API, supporting state-level initiatives such as the 211ca.org website and Kinship portal.
- 211 Colorado (preview): 211 Colorado data has successfully connected its data to the platform for testing/demonstration purposes.
- One Degree: One Degree developed and implemented an API to enable access to its resource data from the NDP.
- RTZ Systems: 211 Virginia uses RTZ Systems. In Fall 2021, 211 Virginia data was connected to the National Data Platform.